Friday, 20 December 2013

The Genius Of Photography, We Are Family, Q&A

The Genius Of Photography, We Are Family, Q&A

1) What kind of photography did Dian Arbus do?
An important aspect of life. In a way – she’s letting us, the audience, into her personal life, feelings & secrets. In a way – I got the impression that she wasn’t very satisfied with herself: I got this impression from her footage of random everyday people. Which I think – had a huge impact on her suicide.

2) Do you think that photographers tend to prey on vulnerable people?
Yes, which helps create a more real-life image rather than scripted one.

3) What does Lorry Clark's tulsa project about?
Drugs, sex & violence. Capturing pretty much everything that was going on in his very own personal life gives more of a diary genre.

4) What is the title of Nan Gorldin most renowned work?
The title is ‘The Ballad Of Sexual Deficiency’: a visual diary showing the relationship status between friends & partners.
                                                 
5) What does Arkai photograph now?
Pretty much everything: his motto is to capture everything you’d like to remember.

6) What is Richard Billingham's work about?

His work revolves around his personal life: his family. In a way – I think that his father’s drinking problem has an influence on his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment