Monday, 30 September 2013

The Lift By Marc Isaacs - Review



The Lift, a short film by Mark Issacs, which is also shot by him, is shot in a lift
in an apartment block in London, where residents use the lift regularly.

Interaction with residents gives the short film more of a documentary genre. Us, the audience, get more familiar throughout the short film. My first judgement of the short film was depressing... But later on, after getting to know the characters a little more, I thought it was more sad.

The Lift is quite slow, pace wise, therefore making it seem a little boring & dull - there wasn't really any action, just dialogue, which I found wasn't really interesting, and the script itself is quite depressing. I did however sympathise with some of the characters!

The fact that Issacs’ interaction with the residents happens every single day on a daily basis keeps us, the audience interacted & engaged with it’s storyline.

I watched curiously, eagerly wanting to know if there were any more residents catching the lift with Issacs.

Issacs was telling the resident’s stories from their very own point of view, which I found was very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment